Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Top Mud Sites? Bugger that

I run a mud based on GTA. I say "run", what I mean is I wrote it about 2 years ago and it's been sat running ever since and I've not even looked at it. It gets quite a few players though; back when I was promoting it, I registered it at a few of the Mud listing sites, one being "Top Mud Sites".

I'm now in the process of changing the URL. Since my DynDNS has stopped working, I'm moving over to No-IP. So I've just tried logging into the Top Mud Sites website to change the details. Oh, my login details don't work. Why not? Well, this is the FAQ section with the solution.

WTF? Bear in mind that, surprisingly, I'm not "familiar with the new TMS database", whatever that is. I've already got one full-time job and frankly I can't be bothered to go through that rigmarole, so the details are going to stay wrong.

(Contrast this with The MUD Connector, which took me about 2 minutes to update the details).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I wrong, or all they want from you is to click on some "claim this listing" link and enter your old details, to migrate to a (probably) better system?

Steve said...

You're right, and I did have a go at that: I found my mud listed at http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/mudinfo-steve123.html, but I can't see the words "claim this listing" anywhere. Am I being blind? Maybe I need to create a new "Forum Account".