Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Metal Glove Solid: A Policy of Constant Improvement

It's time to party like it's 1987! Where to start with the list of new features?
  1. Back-ground graphics: The player is no longer walking on a void. And there doesn't seem to be any slowdown.
  2. More enemies: Flayers to be exact (that's what the image file was called that I ripped them from). I might just call them zombies though.
  3. Score - it keeps it, it starts at zero, and it goes up.
  4. Different images depending on which direction a sprite is walking in - You'll have to take my word for this until I do some kind of video of the gameplay. But it is there, honest.
  5. A GPL licence. Again, since I can't release it yet, you'll have to take my word for it, but I give you my cub-scouts honour that I svn-added that into my repository. And this time I didn't forget to commit.
  6. A working exit. Unfortunately due to there being no second map, this does cause the game to crash.

No comments: