Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Stellar Forces: Almost ready!

I've been a bit busy lately, what with having a new baby son, but have somehow still found time between bottle feeds to write the final bits of code to Stellar Forces.

I've just got a bit more testing to make sure it's robust, and then I'll announce it formally and let people loose on it. I'm hoping that these beta-testers will be able to help me tweak the balance of the game. With a game as complex as this (it's like multiplayer stand-alone missions from X-Com) there are so many variables (unit stats, weapon stats, mission objectives, map layouts) that it will take several games to get it right.

The game also has it's own website which stores a history of everyone's games, so there will be league tables, stats pages, and I'll maybe even do proper competitions sometime. The options are endless.

No comments: