Wednesday, July 22, 2020

New Overblown Hero: Boomfist

The second hero to be added to Overblown is Boomfist.  Here he is in action:-



Overblown uses the Bullet physics engine for all its movement and collision.  The main problem I had with Boomfist was hist PowerPunch ability.  I originally tried applying a force to his centre, but due to the damping of the player's avatars (which is there to stop them sliding about too much) the force was initially too fast, andf slowed down too quickly.

My solution was to simply remove the dampening effect until the player's linear velocity dropped below a certain threshold, at which point it was re-applied.  I also used the player's linear velocity to check if they were in the middle of a punch when they hit another player (as opposed to simply walking into them).

I also created a new logo for the game:-


No comments: